The USDA is now going to use a plate divided into basic food choices, protein, grains, vegetables, fruits and dairy. The change is unlikely to impact public health and still is an abstract idea to many people with little real world application.
Unfortunately many Americans are confused by and manipulated by food product companies marketing. Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? The future world is “dumbed down” primarily by the lack of proper nutrition caused by watering our agricultural crops with a sports drink instead of water! WHY? Because the companies said it was good for you AND good for our plants!
- Don’t make eating healthy any harder.
- Plan your meals.
- Eat WHOLE foods.
- Stay consistent.
Whole foods are:
Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Strawberries etc.
NOT – Orange juice, V8, fruit rollups, apple sauce
Steal Cut/whole Oatmeal, Barley Quinoa
NOT – Boxed cereal of any kind, bread, crackers
Beef, fish, chicken, turkey etc.
NOT – Jerky, Peanut Butter(more fat than protein)
Broccoli, Califlower, peppers etc.
NOT – eggs, cheese, bacon bits, ranch dressing with some iceberg lettuce
- Learn to cook with whole foods by purchasing a good healthy eating cookbook.
- Eat whole food snacks between meals.
- Plan your meals and prepare ahead of time.
- When dining out, pick meals that are simple. Example: sirloin steak, side of broccoli, salad. (Control your portion )
If you have a busy lifestyle use Custom Fit Meals or go online and study your local restaurant menus to find out their healthiest option.
Look at calories, sodium, fat and eat simple.
In good health,